Apr 4, 2011

Snoozer Loser Fabric!

 Just before we went away for the weekend to Wisconsin for a wedding (alliteration unintentional, I swear), I received my bundle of Snoozer Loser fabric that I won through Burdastyle.com. It's a grey cotton printed with a large repeating pattern of owls on branches and ...I don't know, what are those? They look a little like Thunderbirds, or some other design you might see in traditional folk art from New Mexico, right? Interesting. One part "put a bird on it"/ one part screenprint Sante Fe.
Anyway, the challenge now is to figure out what I want to make with this. I'm thinking of working this menswear-style shirt I made into a short-sleeved shirt dress pattern. That would be great for spring in NYC. I could wear it with capri-length leggings and flats, then on its own with sandals once things warm up a bit here. Any other ideas? I haven't measured, but there is at least two yards, maybe three, so there's enough for any type of garment I might make. Here it is up close:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...