May 27, 2011

Sewing Under the Influence (of hormones and humidity)

 I won't miss this week when it's over. Let's just say that. I'm not sure what it was that put me over, but a confluence of annoying factors just overwhelmed me this week: -the tail end of a brutal allergy season/the end of school semester/sudden heat and humidity for which I was not prepared/the homicidal rage I experience in summer when douchebags on motorbikes swarm my neighborhood all night long. Pair all that with an admittedly hormonal funk, and you get this:

What? No! Ew. Terrible.
 Fugly, right? I was trying to improve upon the bow-print dress I was sewing from a vintage McCall's pattern. I thought a navy yoke would look better. But the colour was off. Then scrapping this, I made it even worse:


Blargh!
At this point, I had to put down the pins and walk away. So I watched an episode of Glee, in which New Directions writes original songs for nationals in New York. A terrible idea. But I enjoyed it immensely because my husband watched it with me and his commentary on Glee is the best. He should host a web series called "Ryan Watches Glee," or "Glee With Ryan." Trademark.

Today is a new day. And after some relaxing in the park with friends and kids, I made this while my kid napped, using the original yoke and navy cotton, which doesn't look so off when paired with the print in this way.
Better?

2 comments:

  1. Just rip out the yoke and wear. No one will notice the dress, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better! Looks a little bit Swedish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...