Nov 9, 2011

Buttons, baby — and LIVE FROM NEW YORK, IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT!

I'm sewing buttonholes this morning and contemplating my good fortune: I got tickets to Saturday Night Live! The tickets are notoriously hard to get. You can enter the lottery for tickets during the month of August ONLY. You send in an email with all your info...and then forget about it, figuring you stand no chance. But I got an email yesterday afternoon saying I won tickets to the Nov. 19 dress rehearsal! Now, a dress rehearsal sounds less-than the live taping, but I am still super stoked. Lining up for hours on end (the other way to get tickets to a taping is to line up at 7 a.m. the day of the show: no thanks!) is no longer an option for us, and I think this will be just as fun, though I stand no chance of being seen in the background during the monologue.

Apparently the lovable Jason Segal will be hosting, and Florence and the Machine is the band. I'm presuming Segal is there to promote the Muppet Movie, so maybe Kermit and the gang will be on hand too (I'm partial to Gonzo; if he sits next to me, I just might explode).


In other good news: my husband shot a small role on One Life To Live. He also got into Miami Ad School (the New York campus). Plus did I mention I placed 2nd in Burdastyle.com's Halloween costume contest? They still haven't contacted me regarding my winnings. I trust them though....but you know, nobody's ever in a hurry to give you money, are they?

As for my Very Easy Vogue 8626 jacket, I'm in agreement with Peter, who suggested a darker button would be better with this dark blue and orange plaid. I had bought these online, hoping to avoid a trip downtown, but it looks like I'll be dragging my three-year-old out this afternoon. If I pair a trip to the garment district with a ride on the carousel at Bryant Park, perhaps she'll forgive me.

UPDATE: I thought I'd include the info on getting tickets to SNL, just in case anyone wants details. From the NBC site:


To enter the Saturday Night Live ticket lottery for the upcoming season send an email in the month of August only to snltickets@nbcuni.com
Please include all contact information and do not request a specific date. If you are selected, you will receive two tickets to a random show date and time. You may only send one email per household and all audience members must be at least 16 years of age. Please note that entering the lottery does not guarantee tickets, and you will only be notified in the event that you are chosen.

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Things are looking up! You deserve it, Sue. Congratulations! (and if you see Big Bird, please give him a hug for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky are you! I'll have to remember the lottery thing for next season.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...