Nov 14, 2012

Sneak Peeks Aplenty

Sometimes it's the little things. (Actually, for me I find it's ALWAYS the littles things). Little things like beautiful vintage buttons (bought from Button Odyssey's Etsy store for just $3.99):


My four-year-old had serious button-envy after the package arrived yesterday. There were seven in the set and I only needed three for this Lauren Moffat knockoff I'm making, so I generously gave her one. She's been carrying it around ever since. She even asked me if I could make her wedding ring with it, so she also obviously appreciates the little things in life. (Also: I think a ring made from one of these buttons WOULD be awesome. My kid clearly inherited the re-make, re-use, re-do gene).

I'm also working on a cool Christmas project that has kindled my love of tiny things. Especially tiny things with unexpected details.


And below you'll see a sneak peek at another BIG project I am SO excited about. Yes, that's my embroidery. I don't have a hoop and next-to-no skills, so it's pretty shoddy. But as my husband always says, don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. (OK, I think Voltaire said that first, but Ryan repeats it often enough, I'm giving him credit for reminding me not to fixate on mistakes to the point that I cannot accomplish a goal.) And anyway, this is just a minor part in the larger whole — which will be revealed eventually.



Other little things that have me happy today:

• The perfect cup of coffee
• Two hours of silence while my kid is at preschool
• Sunshine (oh wait, that's a big thing?)

What little thing is bringing you joy today?

7 comments:

  1. Those buttons ARE perfect. They match the green in a really great way (and that green looks great on you too, btw!).

    My joy points: This coffee, warranty (read: FREE) replacement lenses for my scratched ones (seeing is important!) and my mom is coming to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good".I love those words of wisdom ! I've been researching some 18th Century clothes lately, and one of my books gives great close-ups of some handstitching details - by no means perfect but the whole outfits look amazing anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, those buttons would get my heart racing, too. They look great. I could benefit from that quote, too. I'm a perfectionist who goes all or nothing too often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see your top! those buttons are too perfect. and so are the other sneak peeks.

    little joys? not talking about the household finances for one whole day! the hubby tends to run down exactly where each penny is going about 50 times a day... it always stresses me out so he promised to not mention it at all today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I am in love with those buttons! I don't blame your 4 year old at all, I think I would have done the same thing. ha no, but they seriously look amazing, I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... I am most intrigued! I have a bit of a button thing as well. Heck, my dog is named Button T. Wuzzle, Esq. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...