Oct 25, 2011

Le Skirt du Jour!

I've been admiring all the high-waisted, button-up skirts posted by Burdastyle.com members lately (Collette Patterns' version is called the "Beignet," alluding to its French appeal).

Mine's not exactly the same. The Beignet is a straight skirt, with a whole lot more buttons, and a tie around the waist. But this only took an hour or so to sew, so I win. (I'm pretty sure that's how it works).

I made mine from a man's dark denim dress shirt. It was too large for my husband (a hand-me-down from a friend who likes to see Ryan model his clothes. Don't ask). So I chopped it off at the armpits, gathered it all around (though not right at center front; I don't want to look poochy), and then sewed on a simple straight waistband, cut to fit my true waist. It's tres adorable, non? (Overkill with the stripes and beret, you say? Je ne garde pas. Je l'aime!)

1 comment:

  1. I love this! What a great refashion! I really like all the Beignet skirts I've seen on the interwebs, but the thought of all the buttons/buttonholes makes me sweat, so this is a great idea! Je l'aime aussi!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...